Moldflow Adviser Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Adviser Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Adviser topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Moldflow Structural Alliance 2014 is available on subscripti​on center.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
raalteh
2724 Views, 7 Replies

Autodesk Moldflow Structural Alliance 2014 is available on subscripti​on center.

Dear Moldflow users,

Autodesk Moldflow Structural Alliance (AMSA) 2014 for Abaqus and ANSYS is available on subscription center.

The injection molding manufacturing process influences the structural properties of a plastic product. Often assuming that the properties are isotropic and uniform for a structural analysis is incorrect. AMSA can enhance the accuracy of structural analysis of plastic parts in Abaqus and ANSYS by providing these programs with the properties of the injection molded product, as predicted by Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Insight or Adviser.

The product is available from subscription center for customers with active subscription on Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Insight 2014 or Adviser 2014. After logging into subscription center, you can find the pages 'Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Structural Alliance 2014 for Abaqus' and 'Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Structural Alliance 2014 for ANSYS' in the 'Product enhancements' section. (You need to be logged into subscription center to follow the links).

Supported versions of ANSYS are:

• ANSYS Classic 12.1 and 14, 32- and 64-bit versions
  • ANSYS Workbench 12.1 and 14, 32- and 64-bit versions 

Supported versions of Abaqus are:

• Abaqus (Standard) 6.10-2 and 6.12-1, 32- and 64-bit versions

Best regards,

Hanno van Raalte,

Product Manager - Injection Molding & Moldflow products
Tags (2)
Labels (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
GMC75
in reply to: raalteh

Hello Hanno,

just a question: I use ansys workbench 14.5 as a computational tool in my job. One of our supplirs uses moldflow for developing some parts. Should I need to connect the two softwares, do I have to ask the supplier to upgrade his MF or do I have to buy the connector for my Ansys?

Message 3 of 8
raalteh
in reply to: GMC75

Hi,

Very interesting question! AMSA does not require a license and is not sold. Assuming the customer has either Adviser Ultimate, Insight Premium or Ultimate, on actieve subscription, the customer should have access to AMSA from subscription center, as a subscription advantage product.

Before we allow the customer to download the AMSA for ANSYS, the customer has to testify that they own an orriginal copy of ANSYS. They are allowed to run it using their copy of ANSYS, but should not re-distribute this further.

I'm asuming you don't own Moldflow yourself, the lowest cost product that provides access to AMSA is Adviser Premium.

I hope this helps.

Hanno

Hanno van Raalte,

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 8
GMC75

Hanno,

thank you for your reply. We don't use Moldflow here, but we do have Ansys. Our suppliers get the ProE file of the plastic omponents from our R&D Dept., they use it into moldflow for developing the dies. Now, I need to import material properties into Ansys in order to assess component' structural reliability.

If I understood correctly, we should buy MF or ask the supplier to do the job (FEM) for us, right?

Regards,

Marco

Message 5 of 8
dinesh27mec

Hi,

I am not able to install ASMA 2014, stuck with up an error message " ANSYS 12 or 14 " had to be installed prior to it. But i had installed ANSYS 14.5 , can't i use it for ASMA interface ?

Thanks

Dinesh Kumar D
Message 6 of 8
raalteh
in reply to: dinesh27mec

Moldflow Structural Alliance 2014 was released before ANSYS 14.5 was released and will not worke with that. The integrations into ANSYS are pretty release specific. As you have noticed, we did not release a 2015 version. We have focused our efforts on a new interface that we developed together with our Composites Analysis development team. You may have heard this under the name of Project Sundance, but which was made commercially available a few days ago under the name of Advanced Material Exchange. This initial release works with Abaqus, but ... this is a first release ... This product requires Moldflow Insight.

The youtube l link below describes the concept well: Advanced Material Exhcange

For now I would suggest you try to install ANSYS 14 OR if you have Moldflow Insight, explore the other interface options using the MPI2ANS scripts. The scripts are using an older workflow and are certainly not ideal, but may help when needed. There is some good infomration included in the help here: here

Best regards,

Hanno

Hanno van Raalte,

Message 7 of 8
dinesh27mec

Thanks Hanno !
Dinesh Kumar D
Message 8 of 8

Dear Raalteh,

I'd like to try the function of AMSA, but the original download link you mentioned below was missing.

Do you know the new download link of "AMSA for Abaqus" ?

Regards,

Derrick

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report