Moldflow Adviser Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Adviser Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Adviser topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Summary Results

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
joeprocess
647 Views, 2 Replies

3D Summary Results

when I run an analysis in 3D why does it not provide cycle time, shot volume, runner volume, etc. It works in Dual-Domain.

Also, once you build a mold and runner system in Dual-Domain can you run the same thing in 3-D without having to rebuild everything?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
nordhb
in reply to: joeprocess

Hi,
I had a look in a 3D mesh type and Cool+Fill+Pack analysis sequence and in release:
Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Adviser 2013  Service Pack 2
For a 3D Cool+Fill+Pack, the results are available in Summary:
tab Fill : Shot volume , Cavity volume, Runner system volume
tab Pack : cycle time
It looks the same for Dual Domain,  Cool+Fill+Pack

Yes, you can change mesh type of cavity in Adviser, if first imported as Dual Domain and go to 3D mesh type.
If you right click on analysis sequence, above the material data, you have "Change To True 3D".
If a closed volume, no geometry/model issues, you can change. Otherwise the choice is grayed out.
You can also go the other direction, 3D to Dual Domain, "Change To Dual-Domain".
This works also for a study with a Dual Domain mesh type for cavity, and modeled mold and cooling circuits and runners. The mold data is kept, and cavity will be 3D mesh type.

Regards,
Berndt

Berndt Nordh
Message 3 of 3
joeprocess
in reply to: nordhb

I have figured out how to switch from 3D to DD and back.

We are currently on Service Pack 1 so I will have IT fix this and see if it fixes the 3D results issue.

Joe Fricke - Process Engineer
www.nicoletplastics.com
[cid:image001.png@01CE3F38.446FD020]
ISO 9001 Certified

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report