Moldflow Adviser Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Adviser Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Adviser topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D mold file needed

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jungjohann
1009 Views, 2 Replies

3D mold file needed

Our compnay, Flow Polymers currently makes an additive for the plastics industry which increases flow, decreases pressure need in a mold and compatibilizes dis-simlar resins.  We have done numerous field trials and now need to prove empirically what our product does,  I have had our additive compounded and characterized and will do a mold flow analysis to prove our claims.  My problem is obtainng a 3d Part file that's appropriate to do the mold flow.  I am looking for a larger part and will be measuring temperature, pressure and time. 

If anyone has an idea on how to obtain a 3d Part file would you contact me at jjungjohann@flowpolymers.com

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
artflow123
in reply to: jungjohann

Sorry can you explain a bit better?

What are you looking for? a 3d part (any part) or a complete 3d mould?

regards

Message 3 of 3
jungjohann
in reply to: artflow123

In order to do a mold flow analysis, I was told I needed to supply the compnay with a 3D part file  so that they could use that as the base to test the materail.  I'm not sure what all is involved or included in a 3D part file but I imagine its not a file of the mold but of the actual part, including dimentsions etc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report