Announcements
The Simulation Mechanical Idea Board has been closed down and placed in read-only mode following a recent discontinuation announcement. Please see our supporting FAQ for more information.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Solver

Remote Solver

In 2014 there had been the ability to send an analysis job to a remote server for solving.  This seems to have been discontinued in 2015.  I would like the ability to remote solve put back into the program.

The great benefit to having an analysis package as easy to use as Autodesk Simulation is that you can implemet it right into your design process.  That complete process involves using multiple computer tools (CAD, CAE, ERP, PLM) to come up with a solution to a problem or design.  Although computers are very capable today, running a sophiticated software such as Autodesk Simulation still put a large burden on the resources and slows down the machine for other tasks or tools used in the process.  Off loading the analysis burden to a remote server frees local resources to speed the overall design process.  Now I see a trend in the industry to try and lead us to store our files and run our analysis in the Cloud.  This would alleviate the resource burden on the machine by the analysis package.  Simply said, I can't do it.  I am not allowed to place our intellectual property outside our firewall, so cloud computing is not an option for me.  I would need to switch to another package if that is my only option.

As it stands today, we have not moved to 2015 because it does not allow remote analysis.  I hope that it is returned to the package in future versions before I need to find an alternative solution

2 Comments
Sualp.Ozel
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration
Sualp.Ozel
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

Implemented with the 2016 release

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report