Announcements
The Simulation Mechanical Idea Board has been closed down and placed in read-only mode following a recent discontinuation announcement. Please see our supporting FAQ for more information.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Put the inventor 2D/3D Sketch core inside Simulation Mechanical

Put the inventor 2D/3D Sketch core inside Simulation Mechanical

Hi,

Sometimes 2D analisys is more than enough, specially if you try to train students in basics of FEA.

I can understand that ANSYS and some others don't have a good 2D sketch modules and it is a pain create 2D models but, why is also true in the Simulation Mechanical case?

You have the technology in products like Inventor and it is so easy and fast create an accurate 2D sketch in these products, please put it in Simulation Mechanical!

Thanks,

Miguel Ángel Agustín

1 Comment
sciencetechnician
Contributor

being a student myself i can understand this problem, i suppose it also saves cost with licenses for CAD. The 2015 R1 release has some excellent 2d ability, but it is quite often that educational CAD is interlinked with FEA due to the nature of the two, so by having two separate packages you are as a student being trained in two definitive ways, better for us students but perhaps more work for you teachers. I suppose its abit like having a spray painter also doing MOT'S, i think its better having two unique packages.

Duncan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report