Announcements
The Simulation Mechanical Idea Board has been closed down and placed in read-only mode following a recent discontinuation announcement. Please see our supporting FAQ for more information.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Logs Available via RMB in Job Manager

More Logs Available via RMB in Job Manager

Currently, in the Job Manager, we can right click a job and select Log from the menu to get a very high-level log of the analysis.  When a job fails, this high-level log is not enough to gain any insight as to why the job failed.  I have to load the fem or pick around in the file folders for various text files.

I'd like to be able to open any relevant log or summary file related to the selected job using the RMB in the Job Manager.  This would give me a centralized, cleaner interface when interrogating failed jobs.  It could also give me a quick look at successful job results too, without having to open the fem fully.

Others have suggested improvements to results visualization or sharing.  Maybe the above could be incorporated in a more substantial expansion of the Job Manager that could include improvements to results sharing or quick-reviewing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report