Announcements
The Simulation Mechanical Idea Board has been closed down and placed in read-only mode following a recent discontinuation announcement. Please see our supporting FAQ for more information.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Results from Cloud

Download Results from Cloud

It would be nice to have some sort of messaging feedback when running a simulation on the cloud. The actual system won't show if the simulation is stucked at meshing or it runned some iterations. For example the messaging system for Simulation CFD is better, it shows the progress of the simulation not just the percentage.

1 Comment
Bruce-1008
Contributor

Totally agree.

When running Simulation 360 on the cloud and the simulation fails there is no notification that the simulation has failed. As a result I have to cancel the simulation. If the simulation is cancelled or has failed there is no download of the "View Check Log" or the "View Solve Log". As a result I have no idea of the problems and can not rectify them. Even if the simulation has failed part way through the results can be very useful. So I am forced to do all the simulation on my computer which makes the cloud redundant and a waste of time and effort.
Hopefully Autodesk can rectify this situation.

Reply from Autodesk

Thank you for contacting Autodesk Technical Support with your feedback regarding Simulation Mechanical Flex 2016. From what I understand you are looking to receive more feedback when running analyses on the cloud using Simulation Mechanical Flex. Currently, we have something in line with what you are describing for Sim CFD Flex, however not for Sim Mech Flex. There is currently an IdeaStation post for a similar request, I'd recommend adding your feedback there. The IdeaStation is a forum monitored by the product management team where users can post their enhancement requests. You can also provide feedback through Autodesk.com/Feedback, that information as well will get sent to the product management team.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report