Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import material form Inventor

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
IgnacioMallea
409 Views, 3 Replies

Import material form Inventor

Hello,

I'm having trouble importing materials from Inventor. The material in SM says it is "steel mild" while in Inventor the material is a custom one I created. The question is how can I import the materials from Inventor to SM.

I been trying to create a new library, but the materials librarys have different file format, so I can't see the Inventor librarys from SM...

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Creating the materials directly in SM would be a solution too, because there are no more than 5 different materials on my assembly.

Thanks

Message 3 of 4
John_Holtz
in reply to: IgnacioMallea

Hello Ignacio,

If you want to zip (compress) your assembly file and the part files and attach it to the post, I can take a look at it.

And just to be clear, the material properties that you entered were in the Inventor modeling environment. Correct? Or were they material properties that you entered in the Inventor stress analysis environment?

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 4 of 4
IgnacioMallea
in reply to: John_Holtz

Hello John, and thanks for your answer.

The issue about material is solved by now. But I have a doubt about the elements types right now. To avoid opening a new thread, I will ask it here.

I imported a CAD asembly, and meshed it on SM and every element type was brick elements except for one that came out to be a plate element.

The question is, whats the difference between them and how can it affect my analysis?

Here´s the situation on the program.

brickplateelement.png

Thank you!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report