Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analysis Failed using SM 2017

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
rmwartman
319 Views, 1 Reply

Analysis Failed using SM 2017

I have recently downloaded SM 2017 and am having a problem when I run a very simple cantilever beam.  The part meshes fine and when I check the model it checks fine.  When I run the analysis (linear static) it will run for a few minutes and then stop displaying "analysis failed".  When I opened the ds file it states "Can not open geometry file [C:\Users\WIll\Desktop\FEA Models\junk.ds_data\1\ds.mod\group.esh]".  When I look at the directory listed the file "group.esh" doesn't exist so it is easy to see why it can't find the file.  So I guess my question is does anyone have an idea why the required file is not being generated?

Thanks.....

Rick

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
John_Holtz
in reply to: rmwartman

Hi Rick,

This is strange since the file group.esh is created when doing a Check Model. The question is, why does the file get deleted when you run the analysis.

1. The first thing to try is to save the model in a different location than the Desktop. See if you can create a folder named "temp" under the C: drive. Then open the model in Sim Mech and do a "Save As" command (from the "App" button in the top left corner) to put it in the C:\temp folder. Does the analysis run from that location?
  2. If not, do an "App > Archive > Create" command. When creating the archive, choose "Model and results". Then attach the .ACH file to your reply. Hopefully one of the files will have some other clues that will explain what is going on.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report