Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is pressure displayed on both sides of wall?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Lubo-PT
787 Views, 4 Replies

Why is pressure displayed on both sides of wall?

A nice day to every body

I am trying to simulate empty steel channel, inserted to water. I made channel in Inventor, as derived body - IPT 3 m long, 0,45m high a 0,6m wide. Wall thickness 3mm . Meshing in ASM I made automatically, no my own corrections.

I applied pressure to channel from outside, but after "Check Model" I found that there is displayed pressure from outside and inside...Why?

I tried to do some similar but smaller part, where it was normal. Pressure only from side I applied it...

See attached picture...

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dharhay
in reply to: Lubo-PT

It is likely your element selection or your method of selecting the surface for pressure.

Dave H
Message 3 of 5
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: Lubo-PT

Hi Lubo-PT,

It appears to me that all of the pressure arrows are pointed in the same direction. If the pressure were on both sides, then some arrows would point in one direction, and other arrows would point in the opposite direction.

I believe that you are seeing a problem in the software or graphics (I don't know which). By default, the software attempts to draw the pressure arrows so that either the head of the arrow is at the point of application or the tail of the arrow is at the point of application -- whichever is more appropriate. I find that it usually does not do a good job. A mix of head and tails are located at the application point. Instead, I use one of the following options: "Tools > Application Options > Results > Global FEA Objects Preferences > All arrows point xxxx of attachment" where xxx is the option to either point at or point away.

Message 4 of 5
Lubo-PT
in reply to: AstroJohnPE

Hm...When I applied pressure only to one surface, load displayed correctly...If I apply the same load to other wall, or uniform pressure to bottom, it is wrong...

Message 5 of 5
Lubo-PT
in reply to: AstroJohnPE

Hi John,

Thank You for advice. I made changes in application options as you wrote.
 I think, it is correct now. Result you can see in attachment.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report