Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning Message in Plate Element (Warp Angle)?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tibor121774
493 Views, 2 Replies

Warning Message in Plate Element (Warp Angle)?

Hello all!!!!

I've got a warning message in running plate element model (mid-plane meshed). Please see attached file. Can this type of warning message be ignored, meaning no significant impact on result?...What is the meaning of this warning message and how can this be eliminated?....Actually my result is within a 20MPa to 30MPA difference range comparing to other FEA software...One case is 216 MPA vs 246 MPa with Autodesk have higher value...The other load case with 137MPA vs 157 MPA with the Autodesk Simulation have smaller in value...On my viewpoint this is acceptable as long as I keep the stress ratio as low as possible say 70%  and lower to cover these differences....But if there is a way to eliminate this warning message it would be best...

Your help is greatly appreciated!!! Cheers to all FEA'rs!!!!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: tibor121774

Hi tibor,

Three points define a plane, so three nodes define the plane of a plate element. If the fourth node is not in the same plane, then you have "warped" or bent the element.

You can either make a finer mesh or manually create a line across the diagonal of the element to create two triangular elements. I recall that the software will display the warp angle of the elements, possibly under "Results Contours > Other Results > Element Properties > Warp Angle".

Message 3 of 3
tibor121774
in reply to: AstroJohnPE

Thanks John....Refining the mesh gets rid of the warning...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report