Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Memory Usage

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
487 Views, 3 Replies

Virtual Memory Usage

I've been having issues running an static stress analysis on a 3D part due to an "insufficient virtual memory" error according to the log file. The tagline of virtual memory makes me think it's referring to page files, or the space on the hard disk set aside for memory usage. I went into the computer settings and changed this number to be very large, ~8gb which seems to me to be more than sufficient for the model that I'm running. Unfortunately, this was not the case.

I'm running Autodesk Algor Professional 2011, does this program make use of page files for virtual memory? Is there another internal setting that I need to tweak within Windows 7 or Algor to get the full benefit of page files? For what it's worth, I am running Windows 7 32-bit with 4 gb RAM (only 3.24gb usable due to limitations of 32-bit OS).

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
S.LI
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Is your simulation a linear static analysis or nonlinear static analysis?

Could you share your log file here?

Thanks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this response answers your concern, please mark it as "solved".
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

This is a linear static analysis. I have been able to get it to run sporatically using the "sparse" solver and turning off strain outputs.

Message 4 of 4
sunj.autodesk

This looks like either the program hits some resource limit or a bug in the program. Could you contact customer service to send in the model? If the model is not too large, you may also attach it here and I will try to see what is the problem. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report