Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNCOUPLED FLUID FLOW AND STEADY STATE HEAT TRANSFER

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
benboubaker
406 Views, 2 Replies

UNCOUPLED FLUID FLOW AND STEADY STATE HEAT TRANSFER

hello,

I runned a steady fluid flow to be able to transfer the forced convection file ds.sfv into my second design scenario that includes a steady state heat transfer. the solver is running now for 18 hours to verify model (too long)

i noticed that the steady state heat transfer scenario changed all  tetrahedra elements from fluid flow scenario to all bricks.

Is there problems?, so far there is no message for errors

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
benboubaker
in reply to: benboubaker

I forgot to mention that the fluide (a modeled part simulating air in this case) is to cool down an assembly of power dissipating ships installed on a board and standoffs. according to the general procedure i have to check the entire assembly including the part representing the fluid to create elements and  nodes numbers. in the tutorial " PIPE TEE "

they do not check the fluid and pipe. after meshing, they suppress the non-fluid part and run the simulation.

Do i have to check the model before suppressing the non-fluid parts?

Message 3 of 3
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: benboubaker

Hi Ben,

I do not understand which model is stuck in the verification. Is it the fluid model, the heat transfer model, or the combined model with all parts?

Also, you may want to try minimizing as many windows as possible. After they are minimized, click the Simulation Mechanical icon in the task bar to unminimize it. Sometimes a dialog is opened but is "in the background" waiting for you to click a button. Minimizing and unminimizing should bring the dialog to the front (if my memory is correct).

Another question just to clarify what is happening. When you run an analysis (or do a "Check Model"), the software generates the solid mesh if it has not been solid meshed previously. I do not recall how that information is presented, but solid meshing can take a long time in unusual situations, and it might be easy to overlook the fact that it is solid meshing instead of verifying the geometry.

To answer your last question, I think it is not necessary to do a check model on the complete assembly. As long as the surface mesh has been created on the entire assembly, you should be able to proceed with the suggestion of suppressing the solid parts, run the fluid analysis, copy the design scenario, invert which parts are suppressed, and run the thermal analysis.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report