Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to open file

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
620 Views, 4 Replies

Unable to open file

Each time when I want to open a *.ach file. The  warning message "Unable to open file: *.fem does not exist." will appear.  In fact, the fem file can be find at the same  file folder. How to solve the problem?Thanks.

Ccz90

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
John_Holtz
in reply to: Anonymous

I do not have an answer Ccz90, but a question to help diagnose the problem. After it fails to open the archive, what happens if you try to open the .fem file? Does that also fail?

My only idea is that there is something related to the path where the model is stored.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 5
zhuangs

I am wondering whether it works to make the name of ACH and the name of FEM be the same. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: zhuangs

Algor(V23.1) really develops a fem file with the same file title. For example,  test.ach ---> test.fem    I  must open the fem file by hand each time, and the fem file can work as usual .

The problem is still there even I reinstall the program or format my computer.I don't know why??? 

Ccz90

Message 5 of 5
zhuangs

It is interesting.  I am wondering how the ACH file was generated.  There are two ways I usually used:

(1) Use ALGOR to generate an ACH file, where the model should be opened in ALGOR.

(2) Select the FEM file and the File folder, right click and select "Add to archive".  After that, choose Archieve format as "ZIP", and define Archieve name as "Name.ach".  Note that here Archieve format cannot be "RAR".

Could you test the following things:

(1) After manualy open FEM file in ALGOR, please use the "Archieve->Create" command to create a new ACH file.  And then check whether your can open it.

(2) Select the FEM file and the File folder, right click and select "Add to archive".  After that, choose Archieve format as "ZIP", and define Archieve name as "Name.ach".   And then check whether your can open it.

-Shoubing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report