Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with 2D surface contacts

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
brian
471 Views, 3 Replies

Trouble with 2D surface contacts

Hello group

I'm having trouble with a surface contact.  The analysis is a three part assembly.  I've recreated the contact several ways with no luck.  The analysis is MES with nonlinear Material.  I made a change to the original dwg I was opening and it no longer working.  To be clear, I renamed the original, modified it, opened new file in simulation and recreated everything for the analysis.  I'm wandering if the radius next to the surface have any part in causing the problems I'm having.  When the analysis is ran the 800 part(blue) moves thru the 100 part(yellow) like it's not there taking the 400 part(black) with it.

tool joint.png

tool joint2.png

Above is my latest attempt using a surface group.

Thank for your help

Brian Brisbin

2014 sp1

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
brian
in reply to: brian

I removed the radius above and below the contact surface(on the yellow part) and the analysis worked!!

Brian...

Message 3 of 4
zhuangs

Are you using selection group to define contact pair for the yellow part at the very beginning?

-Shoubing

Message 4 of 4
brian

Shoubing

I first began with two contact surfaces.  When that failed I found one of your post suggesting using a surface group.  Sadly it failed too. I ended up removing the radii and replaced them with a chamfers.  After that the analysis started working correctly.  The real kicker is it use to work with the radii and only selecting the two mating surfaces.

Thanks for your help

Brian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report