Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tree Browser in Autodesk Mechanical Simulation just Disappears

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
tibor121774
465 Views, 4 Replies

Tree Browser in Autodesk Mechanical Simulation just Disappears

Hi All!!!

I've got a problem in my Autodesk Mechanical Simulation 2014, where the "tree browser" suddenly disappears. I use the "User Interface" check and uncheck "Show Browser" option and it's still not showing up . I thought uninstalling the software and re-installing it back will solve the problem but the same problem occurs.....

Your help is greatly appreciated.....

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: tibor121774

Tibor,

The browser can be undocked or unpinned. Are you familiar with these? When unpinned, it collapses to the side and creates a "button" labeled as "Autodesk Simulation Mechanical". When you mouse over it, the browser expands so that you can work with  it. I hope this is your problem.

If the browser was undocked, then it could have been moved off of the screen. Do you have multiple monitors? If so, the browser could be on another monitor. Otherwise, you would need to edit your registry ("Start > Run > Regedit") and locate where the position of the browser is stored. I do not know what variables you would look for, but resetting it to a dimension like 20,20 should get it back on your screen.

Message 3 of 5
tibor121774
in reply to: AstroJohnPE

Thanks John.....i think it's the regedit is the solution because i've only got one monitor...and when m minimizing the other windows doesnt show either..the only problem now is i cant find the browser variable in the regedit....is reformating my computer and reinstalling the software will work?....

To all who have experience the same thing please share with me your solution...Thanks a lot...

Cheers!!!!!!

Message 4 of 5
AstroJohnPE

Before I tell you what I found, let me point out that making changes to the registry can cause problems with your computer.

It appears that the browser information is saved in HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Autodesk \ Autodesk Simulation \ Autodesk Simulation \ Framework toolbars-default \ SEC-Bar36. The variables MRUFloatXPos and MRUFloatYPos give the position of the browser when it is undocked from the window. (I had my browser outside of Sim Mechanical.) I'm guessing that one of these positions will be negative or beyond your screen size.

You might be able to uninstall the software and then delete any of the registry branches related to Sim Mechanical, and then reinstall. My guess is that the registry is not completely cleaned on an uninstall, so reinstalling without cleaning the registry got you right back to the problem you were having.

Good luck!

Message 5 of 5
tibor121774

Thanks John..Yes you're right I've read also from somewhere that it's hard to mess up with the registry editor....We'll never know what will happen with the system....So I've just decided to re format my computer to clean all those files that are not clean up during un-installation process....Although it takes me 4 hours to restore my computer into it's default state, but at least I have a peace of mind that I've not messed up the system....Now, the problem is solve and the file tree is restored...I'll just be careful next time to dock/hide it again....

Cheers to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums