Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transient stress Analysis

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sriramsheval
353 Views, 3 Replies

Transient stress Analysis

Hi,

I did a Static analysis of one component, with a same boundary condition and load I tried the Transient stress Analysis.

But the result were so irrelevant. I gave a curve input as Linear load curve.

Run the Analysis and got following outputs ... please help me to know what mistake i have made Cas1 BC.JPG3.JPG2.jpg1.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sriramsheval
in reply to: sriramsheval

I even tried giving values to ALPHA and BETA, as .01 .. still i get the same result as shown above

Message 3 of 4
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: sriramsheval

Hi sriramsheval,

Your details are a little sketchy, so it is hard to know what is wrong. But one difference between static analysis and transient analysis is inertia; that is, the mass. So my guess is that your mass density is wrong. Run the "Analysis > Analysis > Weight and Center of Gravity" and see if the weight is correct.

If the weight is okay, and the other material properties are okay, then my guess is the load curve and the applied load are creating more force that you anticipate.

If you cannot find the problem, I suggest that you attach an archive of your model. See "Create, Post, or Provide an Archive of your model".

Message 4 of 4
sriramsheval
in reply to: AstroJohnPE

Hi John,

Thanks for your help, now it works. After I add density.

thanks

sriram

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report