Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transient Stress Analysis - Error

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
987 Views, 8 Replies

Transient Stress Analysis - Error

Hello.

I'm trying to run a Transient Stress Analysis I copied its Design Scenario from a Natrual Frequency Analysis Design Scenario.

Well, I've put the loads with the Nodal Forces and fixed some vertices with the Nodal Boundary Condition.

When I've run the Transient Stress Analysis, the program has returned the following response:

Model and modal model have differing numbers of equations   12252   12288

Error. Please re-check and re-run the Modal Analysis model

I've re-run the Modal Analysis model (Natural Frequency Analysis) but the error has appeared again.

Can anyone help me with this error?
Why did the design scenarios have differents numbers of equations if i've copied one from the other?
Thanks!
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
S.LI
in reply to: Anonymous

My guess is that several equations in the second DS were removed due to the nodal BCs.

If the same BCs are applied in the first DS, the number of equetions should be same.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this response answers your concern, please mark it as "solved".
Message 3 of 9
xli
Alumni

Do you have contact defined?

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Thanks for the replies.

Well, I got to run the analysis doing what s.li said. They were the BCs, but I needed to fix some parts to the analysis work and the program didn't get any result (because some vertices are fixed). I think it'll need to put some contact surface, like xli said.

I don't know how to make contacts. I've been trying to make it since this mornig, but I can't get it.

Can someone help me with this?

Is there some tutorial?

Thanks again.

Message 5 of 9
xli
Alumni

Well, unfortunately modal analysis does not support contact element, nor LD analsysi like what you are running, Linear Transient Stress (Modal Superposition). If you like to get some helps on restraining your model well, you might post some figure of model and what you want to do.

-xli

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Thanks xli.

I'm doing a prosthetic leg simulation, which I need to analise the stress with differents weights in two cases:

- When the person is stopped (static case);

- When the person is running (dynamic case).

I think it's needed the contact with a surface to simulate the ground.

The prosthetic leg design is attached.

Thanks again.

Message 7 of 9
xli
Alumni

Your description is a little bit too little to me. So I only can make some assumptions based on your image, I put my guess into the images attached here.

If my guesses are correct, you may need MES specifically for the supporting part. This is definitely beyond linear dynamic range. So that Linear dynamic analysis is too rough to use or you need greatly making some assumptions in modling. For example, assume there will be flatten part of surface at bottom touching ground, restrain that paortion of surface's normal direction DOF...

But in MES you have surface to surface contact element to use, theoretically the best for simlulating your model. And it is more directly setup.2424i77C8F6ECF786472A

-xli

Message 8 of 9
S.LI
in reply to: xli

For the static analysis, I don't think you need any contact. You can fix the bottom end to simulate the contact with surface. Loads should be applied on the top end, and some constrains might be needed to get rid of rigid body motion here.

For dynamic case, I'm not very clear what you want. To apply periodically loads on the top end?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this response answers your concern, please mark it as "solved".
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Hey people!

Thank you! I got how to do the MES analysis. I created a brick (with Concrete - High Strenght as material) that simulates the ground and I did the contact pairs and the surface-to-surface contact. Then I applied the forces. It works!

Just sorry the delay for this reply.

Thank you, folks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report