Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total heat loss per time step.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jr1287
350 Views, 1 Reply

Total heat loss per time step.

Using Autodesk Mechanical Simulation.  I would like to know if there is an easy way to get the total amount of heat lost per time step for a simple cooling analysis.  I have a model that begins at a high temperature with the ambient temperature being much lower, and the part is allowed to cool over a long period of time.  I need to know how much heat was lost from the model at each time step.  My model is a highly complex shape with varying thicknesses, so going through and calculating an average heat loss from all the different regions is not feasible.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: jr1287

Hi jr1287,

I do not know of an automatic method. But if your material properties are independent of temperature, the software can calculate the equilibrium temperature. You can then calculate the heat loss from Q = mass*cp*dTemp. Search the documentation for "Equilibrium Temperature", and then go to the page named "Current Results".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report