Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tetrahedral elemenst in MES

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
CarlEmmerechts3347
428 Views, 2 Replies

Tetrahedral elemenst in MES

I want to use 10 nodes tetrahedral elements in a MES.

When I mesh the model I select the button "2nd order element generation". Is that enough to generate 10 nodes tetrahedra ? Do I need to select "Midside node" or not ? What is the difference between both ?

Thanks for help.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Carl,

The option "Generate 2nd order elements" controls where the midside nodes are located; it does not if the midside nodes are included in the model. From the documentation:

If this option is not activated, the midside nodes are created at the midpoint between the two corner nodes (see figure (a)). Thus, all sides of the elements are straight regardless of the CAD geometry. If this option is activated, the midside nodes are created on the surface of the CAD (see figure (b)), so the edge of the element is a quadratic and produces a better representation of the surface.

To include the midside nodes in the analysis, you need to use the "Midside Node" drop-down located under the part's Element Definition.

Message 3 of 3

Thank you !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report