Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminal Error: FEM2ESH#63

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1310 Views, 2 Replies

Terminal Error: FEM2ESH#63

SDSM Forum,

We keep getting the following error with no nodal, meshing or watertightness issues:

ADSM_CPE_FEA Erro.png

We have researched and tried several different options from the wiki but are stuck.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

• ADSM 2014, SP1 installed, 6GB RAM, 500 GB HD, 1GB Video Card
  • Element Type is set properly as "PLATE"
  •  Tetrahedral Solid Mesh (Applied Automatically at medium-fine)
  •  Combination of Bonded, Welded and Surface Contact
  •  Load Case Multipliers: Pressure, Gravity, Displacement, Thermal (all set at "1")
  •  19 Part Pressure Vessel with components 1/2", 5/8", 3/4", 1", 2" and  2.5" in thickness
  •  FULL-SCALE modeled: Vessel OD = 144", 60'-0"

CPEProjE

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi CPEProjE,

Just curious, but why are you using plate element type when the mesh is a solid? A solid mesh requires a solid element type (either brick or tetrahedron).

If the error message is accurate, it indicates that the element type is set to brick or tet for one of the parts, but that part does not have the lines needed to create a brick element (12 lines for an 8-node brick) or tet element (6 lines). By any chance, did you change the element type for one of the parts to brick or tet after generating the mesh? When you generated the mesh, what was the mesh type ("Mesh > Mesh > 3D Mesh Settings")?

If the solution is not obvious, you may need to suppress all of the parts except for one (or 4 or 5) at a time and do a Check model. When the error message occurs again with just one part active, you will know which part is causing the problem.

Also, I noticed that the model is on the N: drive. If that is a network drive,  you may see a performance improvement if you work on the model locally (on your computer). Of course, if you are sending the model to another computer for the solution, then it may be okay.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: AstroJohnPE

Hi John,

Thank you for the reply sir.  Well, being new to the software, I've been initially defining the element type as a mesh, but it changes when I make the options changes in 3D Mesh Settings > Model Mesh Settings > Options > Select "Solid"  then > Change Solid Mesh Type to "All tetrahedra" > then Select "Tetrahedra" tab to set meshing options.  Realistically, that's wasting time and your asking me the question just made me realize that.

Tetrahedral Mesh.png

And you're right... I learned from our reseller that trying to run FEA's over the network is not a good idea so we've switched to saving locally.

Thank you for the suggestion regarding suppression to find the trouble part(s); I'm going to employ this right now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report