Use the following link to post your ideas for new features and enhancements & vote on requests/ideas from other Simulation Mechanical users.
The development team will work on implementing features/enhancements/ideas with the highest number of votes...
Solved! Go to Solution.
I would like to be able to plot the maximum of Maximum Prinicipal and Minimum Principal stresses on the same stress plot. For example the plot scale would be set at -30 ksi to 30 ksi and it would be obvious which areas of the model have high tensile stress and which areas have high compressive stress.
Maybe there is a way to do this currently with custom results but I have not been able to do it.
Thats a great question. My short wish list:
1) The program to be reconfigured so that when you kill a meshing session, kill an analysis the program QUICKLY,
completely terminates such that you can proceed with your changes.
2) All windows are closed at the same location ie at the lower RH of the window is where the box to click would be located.
3) A part in the model can be updated from the solid model instead of re-importing the entire model and re-establishing all the node based features that were lost.
4) The bugs that I found and were reported to the developers were actually corrected.
I am going to stop there. Thanks.
It would be very nice if rules on uploading files were not so strict.
I have already tried a few times, but it's almost impossible to upload a archive, while this software produces a whole lot of strange messages, like:"**** Non-positive diagonal entry detected in ILU method
switch to SSOR Preconditioner".
(beats the **** out of me )
Please fix the Nodal Weights dialog. It has a number of issues that make it difficult to use.
1) A better name would be "Nodal Mass" since that is what is really being added.
2) The units for Mass moment of inertia are not correct. When set to mass You get N*s^2*m which is a force unit.
When set to force you get N*m^2 which is not a correct unit of inertia. The correct unit is kg*m^2 -- a mass unit. The English
units are similarly messed up.
3) When switching unit systems the values update. However, when switching from Mass to Force units within the dialog it does
calculate the conversion. If someone enters a value and then switches the input mode the value is then wrong. This makes no sense
and certainly is not would be expected in quality software.
4) Provide an option to specify the mass moment of inertia about either the model coordinate system or the center of mass (at the node).
Currently is not clear which is being specified. The help file does not clarify this.
I would love if you could make it so I can view the colorized results while I move rotate around the model, not just when I stop moving it.
That function already exists Scott: "Results Options > View > No Shading When Moving Model". I use it so often that I placed it on my Quick Access Toolbar.
Simulation Mechanical user since Dec 1997
I would love to have an option wherein you can explode the model(parts) at SimMech environement so that it can be easily bond surface and do other stuff.
More power Autodesk!
Hi Dev Team,
I would like to be able to include beam preloads in a Natrural Frequency with Load Stiffening analysis. Because if load stiffening is going to have a big influence it'll be on cables.