Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking different results from MES

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
586 Views, 2 Replies

Taking different results from MES

Hi everybody.

I am working with MES. I am doing an mpact analysis. And I have to take some graphics from the simulation results. For example;

A graphic for the accelaration of the whole system depends on time. (Accelaration - Time)
A graphic for the volume variation of the whole system with time (Volume - time)
A graphic for the max von Mises stress values with time (max stress - time)

Do i have a chance for getting those graphics from the simulation program?

In essence i want some mechanical variation graphics changing by time. Can you suggest me some ideas for it please?

Thank you very much.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
S.LI
in reply to: Anonymous

In a general impact analysis, the maximum value  of a physical quantity would usually not appear on the same place during the whole period. For example, at time 0.1s, it could be at node 10, and time 0.2s, it might move to node 11.

ASIM does provide a way to draw a graphic, but it's only for one node once.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this response answers your concern, please mark it as "solved".
Message 3 of 3
John_Holtz
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi ramses061,

For the acceleration of the whole system. Each node will usually experience a different acceleration, so I would suggest picking a few nodes that represent the "whole system" and graphing the second derivative of the displacements; that is, the acceleration. See "Help > Autodesk Simulation > Results > Results Environment > Graph Results of Analyses" in the Help documentation.

For the volume variation, this cannot be graphed directly, and it can only be calculated indirectly. The basic steps are to set the displacement scale to an absolute value of 1, make a new model from the results, open the new model, run the Weight and Center of Gravity calculator to calculate the volume. Repeat this for every timestep.  See "Help > Autodesk Simulation > Results > Results Environment > Export Results" in the Help documentation.

For the maximum von Mises stress (or any other result), there are two methods. Try "Results Inquire > Inquire > Maximum Results Summary" and "Results Options > Tools > Save Maximum Results Summary". These will give you a text file which can be used to plot the result in a spreadsheet. See "Help > Autodesk Simulation > Results > Results Environment > Current Results" and "Help > Autodesk Simulation > Results > Results Environment > Export Results", respectively, in the Help documentation.

The other option would be to select every node in the model (or parts of interest), right-click > Edit New Graph, and wait for the dialog to appear. From the "Multiple Nodes" drop-down, choose either "Maximum" or "Maximum Magnitude". See "Help > Autodesk Simulation > Results > Results Environment > Graph Results of Analyses".

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report