Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface Knitting and Setting Contact Type

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
nav
Contributor
366 Views, 1 Reply

Surface Knitting and Setting Contact Type

I've been having issues when I try to use the Contact -> Create Contact Between Parts feature.  When my models are imported, surface knitting is turn on, and I can see/select the knitted surfaces that were generated between two parts, which to me indicates that Autodesk is seeing the two parts in contact.  However, when I use the aforementioned feature, it is only recognizing one contact pair of which there should be two in this case.  

Any ideas on how I can solve this?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
John_Holtz
in reply to: nav

Hi nav,

I do not fully understand your geometry. How many parts are there? Which contact pair was created (such as Part A to Part B), and which contact pair was not created (such as Part A to Part C)?

The work around is to select the two surfaces where you want contact, right-click, and choose Contact > whatever.

You can also read "Help > Autodesk Simulation > Mesh Models > Mesh Overview > Contact Pairs" for the various details related to creating contact pairs.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report