Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
proff_king
585 Views, 4 Replies

Support reactions

Projecting a system of pipes and apparatus. Apparatus vibrate, causes Y axi alternating force 170 kN. How can I set this force and find a reactions in a surface boundary conditions. This is needed for define witch fundament anchor bolts will be used. Inb4 thanks to everybody

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
John_Holtz
in reply to: proff_king

Hi Professor,

Does "alternating force" mean that it varies sinusoidally? Force = Amplitude*sine(frequency*time)

If so, this can be analyzed using "Linear > Frequency Response" or "Linear > Transient Stress". If the force is not sinusoidal, then only the Transient Stress analysis type would be applicable.

I suggest doing a small test to get familiar with those analysis types to make sure they will provide the information you are searching for.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 5
proff_king
in reply to: John_Holtz

Formula is quite correct. i am using transient stress analysis.

But you don`t answer the rest of my question - Find a reactions in a surface boundary conditions/

There is a boundary conditions where fundament bolt touches supports. How to find a support reaction which came from inertia of mass and varyable force? 

Message 4 of 5
John_Holtz
in reply to: proff_king

Sorry. I did not realize that the Transient Stress did not output the reaction forces directly.

Replace your boundary conditions with Rigid Boundary Elements (version 2011 and older) or 3D Springs (version 2012 and newer). Fix the directions to product the same effect as the boundary conditions. After running the analysis, you can view the force in the boundary elements/3D springs by viewing the "Element Force" result.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 5 of 5
proff_king
in reply to: John_Holtz

and what about find moment of reaction?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report