Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submitting Autodesk Simulation Mechanical jobs via command line

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
gauravsuri
724 Views, 5 Replies

Submitting Autodesk Simulation Mechanical jobs via command line

Hello,

Is is possible to submit jobs for Autodesk Simulation Mechanical (Algor) from the DOS command prompt?  I would like to solve my analysis ona remote computer. Thanks -Gaurav

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
S.LI
in reply to: gauravsuri

For remotely executing a processor, you may find more here:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Autodesk_Simulation/enu/2012/Help/0058-General_58/0059-Introduc59/0060-...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this response answers your concern, please mark it as "solved".
Message 3 of 6
gauravsuri
in reply to: S.LI

Thanks, I tried that, but we have only one license for Simulation Mechanical. This approach does not work as it needs two licenses. Can I log into the remote computer and submit the job manually from the command line?

Thanks

Message 4 of 6
John_Holtz
in reply to: gauravsuri

Assuming that you have a network license, then you can install the software on your "remote" computer. At this point, you have a number of choices:

1) you can open the model in the interface and run it as normal.

2) you can schedule the analysis to begin at a later time and then exit from the interface. (This is similar to running from a command line, but it provides all of the features of viewing the log file during the analysis.)

3) you can run the analysis from a command line.

These last two methods are described on the page "Help > Autodesk Simulation > Setting Up and Performing the Analysis > Set Up Analyses Part 3 > Perform Analyses - Run Simulation". Note the section "Perform Analyses on Linux Operating System" and the paragraph

Otherwise, to run the analysis manually on a Linux machine, the following procedure needs to be followed: (The same manual procedure can be used on Windows, without needing to copy the files if the analysis is performed locally.)

P.S. If you reply, perhaps you can explain why you want to run the analysis "from a command line". You may have thought of something useful that could help other readers. Thanks.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 5 of 6
gauravsuri
in reply to: John_Holtz

Thanks John. I especially like the idea of scheduling a job for later execution.

The reason for doing this is that I have our IT department setting up a virtual machine for analysis purposes and I want to avoid having to go through a graphics interface (which is slower) over the network. Hence the desire to preprocess the model locally and then just submit the job on a remote machine. Would not have been an issue if we had multiple licenses, but we don't.

Thanks once again.

-Gaurav

Message 6 of 6
gauravsuri
in reply to: John_Holtz

John

Regarding option 2) in your response, when I try to do a remote submission, the Schedule button becomes gray. I think the software does not support scheduled jobs for remote submission - can you please confirm?

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report