Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

steady coupled fluid flow-heat transfer with plot result temperature vs time

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
benboubaker
404 Views, 1 Reply

steady coupled fluid flow-heat transfer with plot result temperature vs time

Hello,

i am trying to simulate  heat transfer of a chip on a PCB within a steady fluid.  but i would like to get the variation of temperature with repect of time. i have the chip enclosed in the box (air part included) and the chip, the box,  the air part and the board are enclosed  in a bigger enclosure with another air part included also.

i tryied the transient steady coupled  fluid flow-heat transfer  when it is time to run the simulation, i get a message about " MPICH2 IS NOT INSTALLED OR NOT RUNNING PROPERLY"
 what does the error means.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi,

First of all, I think you are in the wrong forum. Two of Autodesk Simulation products have CFD capabilities, they are Autodesk Simulation Multiphysics and Autodesk Simulation CFD. Based on your description, I believe that you are using the former. You will get more relevant responses from the other Multiphysics forum:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Simulation-Mechanical/bd-p/396.

Anyway, what you want (the variation of temperature with respect to time) is a transient coupled fluid flow and thermal analysis. For that, you will need to install the message passing interface (MPICH) that transfers data in between the fluid flow and temperature solver at each time step. That is how I understand it, for more information on the MPICH, look here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17176796&linkID=13806469

Regards

Ilyas

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report