Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

srunx.exe error message

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
1357 Views, 4 Replies

srunx.exe error message

Hello fellow MS users,

I've been testing & learning MS 2014 for a couple of weeks now on a small inventor file. It worked OK for a couple of times then it started to fail part way through the simulation with the following error on the log file:

Error occurred with module: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Simulation 2014\srunx.exe

I have tried all sorts of things to get it to work again but alas have failed. Can someone please advise me how to fix it.

I have attached the log file below.

Also, can someone explain why there is extra property inserts for a basic orthotropic material as opposed to a temperature dependent orthotropic material.  The basic ortho material has for example, major and minor Poissons ratios, where as the TDO material does not have this option, only 12,13,23 axis.  There are also other property inputs that are only available on the basic material.  Surely a orthotropic material has the same types of properties, whether or not we want to run a temperature related simulation.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Cam

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
zhuangs
in reply to: 00113777

Hi Cam,

Can you share your model for investigation?

-Shoubing

Message 3 of 5
steveschmitz6936
in reply to: zhuangs

I am encountering this same problem. What is the error? and what is the resolution?

Message 4 of 5
zhuangs
in reply to: steveschmitz6936

Can you share your model?  This can help us investigate the code.

-Shoubing

Message 5 of 5
steveschmitz6936
in reply to: zhuangs

Thanks for such a timely response. It turns out my model was not entirely constrained. One end of a rigid element was not properly terminated at a vertex/node. When zoomed out it appeared it terminated at a node, it wasn't until I zoomed in very close to find out it was terminated in space not at another part node. Simulation is running.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums