Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
349 Views, 1 Reply

srun10.exe Failure

Hello everybody,

I am trying to move onto coupled fluid flow and thermal modeling after teaching myself thermal modeling. However, I have run into a problem that is beyond my experience.

I have taken the model that I've been using for thermal simulations and added a part to simulate air which encompasses the original model. The model completes its surface mesh and solid mesh, goes through the first fluid flow iteration, and even begins to assign temperatures. However, the simulation halts and returns an error:

**** Error: Failed in invoking process: C:\PROGRA~1\Autodesk\ALGORS~1\SRUN10.EXE

I have read the thread here, but it doesn't seem to have been resolved. The system variable ALGOR_ROOT_2012 is set to Algor's install directory, and the thread doesn't seem to give any place to start investigating. Any ideas on how I can track down what's causing the error?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
hupn
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

The log file ds.lgf (log for steady fluid flow) and ds.lgs (log for steady thermal) may help you with more information. The failure to invoke srun10(thermal processor) may due to many reasons. For example, divergence of fluid flow run can cause the failure of successive thermal run. Basically, the steady coupled fluid-thermal analysis involves both steady fluid flow and heat transfer in one model. Therefore; the model need to be setup properly for both fluid and thermal run. 

hup 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report