Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splicing a model for applying load

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
subbbu
258 Views, 1 Reply

Splicing a model for applying load

I have a Closed circular cylinder. I would want to refine the mesh in the interior of the model. Is there a way to splice the model for applying loads ?

The only opption I ahve write now is :

1. Either have the model to be a cross section at the desired splice plane:
  2. Or Run FEA and then splce the planes to see how the stresses are in the interior
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: subbbu

Hi subbbu,

It sounds like you are trying to do two separate things: control the mesh, and apply the loads. I assume that you are working with a CAD solid model.

You have no control over the size of the internal mesh; you can only control the surface mesh. In general, a finer surface mesh will result in smaller internal elements -- at least at the surface. So, you need to split the part into multiple parts so that you can control the mesh where you want to. They could be nested tubes or angular "pie" slices, depending on what you want to do.

Depending on the type of loads you want to apply, you either need a volume, surface, or nodes. I cannot think of a load that uses the volume (other than the weight), so I assume that you want to apply your loads to a surface or nodes. So, you need to split the part into multiple parts so that you can apply the loads where you want to. They could be nested tubes or angular "pie" slices, depending on what you want to do.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report