Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spectrum analysis stress output

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
429 Views, 6 Replies

spectrum analysis stress output

Hi

I would like to know if anyone here has tested the spectrum analysis in version 2012 ?

Here we are not able to post process stresses in a model ; in version 2011, everything is ok.

So i would like to know if this is a bug or something we do wrong
Thanks for your help

ALAIN

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
sunj.autodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Alain,

Can you be more specific for your problem? Which spectrum analysis are you refering to? Do you get any errors when doing the stress post processing?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Hi,

When you make a spectrum response analysis on a cad assembly, in version 2012, you do not have access to von mises stresses.

But in version 2011, everything works fine

Message 4 of 7
John_Holtz

Hello everyone,

Actually, no stress results are available on the ribbon because they are all greyed out. Obviously, this is a bug.

For response spectrum analysis, you can switch to the classic menu to view the stress results: "Tools > Options > Application Options > uncheck Ribbon Style".

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

We encountered this problem and waiting for a patch from our resseller...

One solution if you have 2011 and 2012 version installed is:

Open the .*fem with 2011 and create a "stress presentation" and save it into your document.

Then, you could have stress result in 2012, but take care not to overwritre your stress presentation with displacement results or others... you have to create a new resentation to see other type of results..

Best regards,

Jonathan.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Spoiler

Merci de cette contribution ;

les développeurs sont déjà dessus.

A très bientôt

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

I think this is same problems that I had.  Tech Support had me use old style menu and icons, not new ribbon.  Stress was available from there and worked.  Have fun with icon buttons jumping all over the place.

......jds

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report