Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
parmony
578 Views, 4 Replies

Solid Edge Add-In

I use Autodesk Simulation with Solid Edge.  In the past (ASIM 2012) a menu selection in appeared in my SE menu "Autodesk Simulation".  This menu selection allowed me from Solid Edge to lauch Simulation 2012 and pulled in the model.  I installed Simulation 2013 and this menu selection is gone.  Does anyone know how to get it back?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Sualp.Ozel
in reply to: parmony

This option does not exist in Autodesk Simulation Mechanical 2013. In the 2013 release Simulation Mechanical is using an Autodesk tool called Inventor Server to import CAD geometry. This tool allows the users to open new file types such as CATIA, CREO, JT, NX, Parasolid. However, interoperability with SolidEdge is not included in this release. 

For more information on this topic please refer to the following link:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Simulation_Mechanical/enu/2013/Help/0031-Autodesk31/0106-Open_Mod106/01...

Best Regards

Sualp Ozel, PE

Product Manager

Digital Simulation
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
parmony
in reply to: Sualp.Ozel

That is disappointing to hear.  I guess this is just another reason to stop using Autodesk products.  Once our maintenance runs out we'll move on to something better.

Message 4 of 5
Sualp.Ozel

Keep in mind that you can save your SolidEdge files as a universal CAD file such as STEP or SAT and open them in Inventor Fusion or Simulation Mechanical 2013 directly.

Message 5 of 5
parmony

Lets see we were using Autodesk Simulation Mechanical 2012 and we could launch our simulation from a single menu pick inside Solid Edge.  Now we need to save our Solid Edge file, to save our work in the format we prefer, then save it again as a neutral file so we can then launch Autodesk Simulation Mechanical 2013 and do a file open and find that neutral file to start our simulation. Wow, that makes complete sense to me.  This must be Autodesk idea of continuous improvement.  Good job.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report