Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow down animation

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jkmalagi
1219 Views, 3 Replies

Slow down animation

I am trying to show the air flow path via an animation to few of the 'non-technical' folks here (to convince the need for some more air vents that industrial design currently doesn't have).

Problem is, the animation is too fast (see attached file). How can I 'slow down' the speed of animation output (generated by Autodesk Algor professional 2010) so users can see where air is getting trapped & how does it flow thru the air volume?

The animation is for steady state fluid flow problem with 5 steps.  I can provide more details if needed.

Thanks

Jay

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
punisher
in reply to: jkmalagi

I think there is a method I used once in a thermal analysis, but off the top of my head I can't remember. We may have done it within the avi.  I'll check when I get back to my Sim platform.

John Evans
Autodesk Certified Professional

http://designandmotion.net
Message 3 of 4
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: jkmalagi

If the fluid flow animation dialog is the same as what I am remembering, there is a control for the number of frames per second. So instead of the default 15 frames per second, you want something like 1 frame per second. Then the 5 step animation will run for 5 seconds.

Message 4 of 4
jkmalagi
in reply to: AstroJohnPE

lo Hohn,

This worked - although it was not as slow as I was hoping to be, setting it to one frame/sec helped for discussions.

Thanks!

Jay

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report