Discussion Groups

Simulation Mechanical and Multiphysics

Active Contributor
jkmalagi
Accepted Solution

Slow down animation

250 Views, 3 Replies
05-22-2013 07:17 AM

I am trying to show the air flow path via an animation to few of the 'non-technical' folks here (to convince the need for some more air vents that industrial design currently doesn't have).

Problem is, the animation is too fast (see attached file). How can I 'slow down' the speed of animation output (generated by Autodesk Algor professional 2010) so users can see where air is getting trapped & how does it flow thru the air volume?

The animation is for steady state fluid flow problem with 5 steps.  I can provide more details if needed.

Thanks

Jay

Please use plain text.
*Expert Elite*
punisher

Re: Slow down animation

05-22-2013 12:39 PM in reply to: jkmalagi

I think there is a method I used once in a thermal analysis, but off the top of my head I can't remember. We may have done it within the avi.  I'll check when I get back to my Sim platform.

John Evans
Autodesk Certified Professional

http://designandmotion.net
Please use plain text.
*Expert Elite*
AstroJohnPE

05-23-2013 11:03 AM in reply to: jkmalagi

If the fluid flow animation dialog is the same as what I am remembering, there is a control for the number of frames per second. So instead of the default 15 frames per second, you want something like 1 frame per second. Then the 5 step animation will run for 5 seconds.

John Holtz, PE
Mechanical Engineer
Pittsburgh, PA

16 years experience with Simulation Mechanical
Please use plain text.
Active Contributor
jkmalagi

06-04-2013 06:11 AM in reply to: AstroJohnPE

lo Hohn,

This worked - although it was not as slow as I was hoping to be, setting it to one frame/sec helped for discussions.

Thanks!

Jay

Please use plain text.