Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sketch import from ^proe

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
356 Views, 2 Replies

sketch import from ^proe

Hi

I would like to make a 2D mes analysis

The thing is that when i import a dwg or dxf file in algor, all the domains are grouped in one part

and so impossible to automesh

this happens even if i asked algor to import seperate blocks as parts..

Thanks for your help

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
John_Holtz
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

If Pro/E does not have a property that equates to a layer in the DXF file, then you need to change the part numbers of the lines within Simulation. (In other words, it is the AutoCAD layer number that automatically creates different parts when imported, but you knew that already from the documentation. 😉

The trickiest part about selecting the lines in Simulation is that there are many overlapping lines where the parts touch. (At least, I assume the parts are touching, otherwise it would be trivial to select them and change the part number.) What you could do is create N dxf files. Each dxf file has as many parts as possible that do not touch each other. This will make it easier to select the lines and change them. When you are done with one DXF file, merge the file and proceed with breaking it into parts.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: John_Holtz

Spoiler

I have an example

- the lines are not touching each other

- the option i mentionned is checked

- it is a dwg file

- the difficulyty is that when i change the part number, the objects are becoming 3D and then are not elligible to mesh autodesm (2D)

Alain

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report