Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simultaneous Surface Loading Fx Fy Fz (Linear Plate Element)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tibor121774
538 Views, 2 Replies

Simultaneous Surface Loading Fx Fy Fz (Linear Plate Element)

I have a static linear analysis with a load of Fx=-9000N, Fy=6000N and Fz=5500N. The element is a plate element with a mesh generated by mid-plane automatic mesh generation from a solid body. What I observe is that the software is not calculating the simultaneous effect of Forces rather one at a time. Is there a button to consider simultaneous effect of forces. Many thanks for the help.

Cheers!!!!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: tibor121774

Hi tibor,

Can you provide some more details about your situation. For example,

1. what are you applying the load to? (nodes, surface, part, etc)
  2. what type of load did you apply? (force, pressure, etc)
  3. what was the input? (magnitude, x y z directions, etc)
  4. what loads are shown in the Results environment? (blue arrows at the nodes? yellow arrows at the center of the element? etc)
  5. when you inquire on the load icon in the Results environment, what does it indicate? (magnitude, x y z directions, etc). Note that you may need to use a section rectangle if there are multiple load arrows on top of each other. Selecting by point-click would only select one of multiple arrows.
  6. specifically, what do you mean by "the software is not calculating the simultaneous effect of Forces rather one at a time"? Are there three load cases shown: one with Fx, one with Fy, and one with Fz?
  7. what results indicate to you that the loads are applied one at a time?

A few tips about applying loads:

• The software treats a load of 1 N in the directions of x = -9000, y = 6000, z = 5500, [-9, 6, 5.5] gives a load of 1 N in the direction [-0.74, 0.49, 0.45].
  • The software treats a load of 12135N in the direction of [-0.74, 0.49, 0.45] as a load equivalent to Fx = -9000, Fy = 6000, and Fz = 5500.
  • If you apply three loads to the same location (node, surface, part, etc) of Fx=-9000, Fy = 6000, Fz = 5500, the Results environment will show three arrows corresponding to each of the three loads. Naturally, those three loads are equivalent to one load of 12135N in the direction of [-0.74, 0.49, 0.45].
Message 3 of 3
tibor121774
in reply to: tibor121774

Thanks John...I've input the resultant force and the corresponding vector component and direction and got the results that I want. For a solid element there is no problem to input individual component load.....Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report