Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulation Mechanical issue

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Mahendran_EDS
1063 Views, 4 Replies

Simulation Mechanical issue

Hi,

While launching Adesk Simulation Mechanical, I get a notification saying 'Please wait while windows configures Simulation Mechanical 2015' and then an errors comes up saying 'Error in loading dll, Line numer 360'

(snapshots attached)

The errors are repeatedly occurring irrespective of how many times we fix them. The same error is showing up in all the
workstations we tried to install the software.
We fixed this issue twice by trying different methods (like run regall.bat, fixing administrative rights, etc.); but still these
errors are showing up again.Is this really a bug in the product or something else?, kindly clarify.
Kindly help to find the root cause of this error and to fix it permanently.
Desperately awaiting your immediate support on this.

Regards,
Mahendran.Thiru

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
kgs
Community Visitor
in reply to: Mahendran_EDS

I am having the exact same issue.  Could we please get a response?

Thanks.

Message 3 of 5
Andrew.Sartorelli
in reply to: kgs

This issue has been submitted to the development team, in the mean time you can use the follow workflow to resolve the issue.

To resolve this issue use the following steps:

1. Close Simulation Mechanical 2015
  2. Logoff of the standard user account
  3. Login to an administrative account
  4. Open Registry Editor (regedit.exe)
  5. Locate the following registry location:  [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\0BE1E073FE407084B86554265447378B]
  6. Modify any keys located in this location such that they point to "C:\ADSKTemp\Dummy.txt"
  7. Close Registry Editor
  8. Create the C:\ADSKTemp directory
  9. Modify the permissions of the ADSKTemp directory such that all users accounts have full control
  10. Create an empty text document called Dummy.txt in the ADSKTemp directory
  11. Logoff of administrative account
  12. Login to standard user account
  13. Run Simulation Mechanical (the error message should appear once)

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Andrew Sartorelli - Autodesk GmbH
Message 4 of 5

We are seeing the same problem and have tried the solution above. The initial "Please Wait..." message box is now gone, but followed by other error messages. Pls see attachments. How can we install Simulation 2015 without these issues?

Thank you

Lars Bjoland

Message 5 of 5

Hi Lars,

I've seen what you show in the third image a few times, typically its caused by another application like search indexer or anti-virus accessing analysis files when Simulation Mechanical is trying to use them. What I would do in your scenario is completely uninstall Simulation Mechanical, make sure you have the latest installer for Simulation Mechanical 2015 R1, and reinstall that version. When installing make sure to run the installer as Administrator and to disable AV during this process.

Red X on element definition and material wont go away Simulation Mechanical

Andrew Sartorelli - Autodesk GmbH

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report