Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulation Mechanical - Can't apply pressure load.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
10mmMark
388 Views, 2 Replies

Simulation Mechanical - Can't apply pressure load.

I want to apply a given load per unit of area to a certain face of a part. I would have thought I could simply click on the 'pressure' load, fill in the details and then click the face and that would work, but it keeps telling me 'The selected locations do not accept the load...'. It doesn't matter if I try to apply it to a cylindrical face or a flat face, I always get the same error message, that the location doesn't support the load.

Can someone help me out with this? I really don't understand why this basic thing isn't working.

I have attached a screen shot of the error message.

Regards,

Mark

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: 10mmMark

Hi Mark,

What is the element type? My guess is that the model is not meshed, and therefore the element type is not set.

If that is not the problem, please let us know what analysis type you are performing.

Message 3 of 3
10mmMark
in reply to: AstroJohnPE

Hi John,

Yep, I just meshed it and sure enough had no trouble applying the pressure load. I'm new to the software and I guess I need to play around more and watch more tutorials before asking stupid questions.

Thanks for your help,

Mark

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums