Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the latest release of Simulation Mechanical?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Andrew.Sartorelli
1231 Views, 6 Replies

What is the latest release of Simulation Mechanical?

The latest release of Simulation Mechanical is 2016.01.00.1295 29-Jul-2015, which is a service pack for Simulation Mechanical 2016.

The development team has been hard at work on this update, and there are over 30 bugs fixed in this service pack!

Analysis

• Analyses fail to run when a prescribed displacement is applied to a beam element using a local coordinate system.

CAD Interoperability

• The program might become unresponsive when importing Inventor assembly files containing welds if the “Import 3D Sketches” option is enabled.
    • Models created in SolidWorks 2015 SP2 cannot be read via the “Open” command.

General / User Interface

• When a comma (,) decimal separator is specified in the Windows regional settings, certain MES analysis parameter entries (such as time step size and duration) are reset to defaults and cannot be changed.
    • In Nonlinear Static Stress or MES analyses, pressure glyphs ("P") are incorrectly displayed on hand-built shell elements when only a traction load has been specified.
    • You cannot increase the part number beyond 100 by clicking the increment arrow in the Joint Mesh Setup dialog. Additionally, the action of the up and down arrows is reversed. The up arrow decreases the part number and the down arrow increases the number.
    • A program crash may occur when changing the analysis type of an existing design scenario (without creating a new design scenario).
    • You cannot edit the element definition after creating a thermal or electrostatic analysis from a PV/Designer model.
    • When editing multiple loads with differing magnitudes, the Flip Direction button is not grayed out.
    • You cannot reverse the direction of a remote force by clicking the Flip Direction button.
    • You cannot apply a surface force, and the program becomes unresponsive, under the following circumstances:
      • You do NOT preselect any surfaces before clicking the Force command.
      • Click Vector Selector and pick two vertices on the model to set the force direction.
      • Select the surface(s) to receive the force load.
      • Specify the force magnitude and click OK.
    • The program may crash when you use the Chain Border selection mode and try to select the lines of a 2D model.

Help Document

• When local Help documents are installed, they cannot be automatically accessed for offline Help.
    • The Help command is located in an expanded menu of the InfoCenter (the icon group at the right end of the program title bar), and therefore hidden from view. In Service Pack 1, the Help command is visible without expanding the InfoCenter.

Results Accuracy

• The results may be incorrect for bolted connections under the following circumstances:
      • The Bolt command is used to create the connection,
      • The bolt runs through two concentric holes of the same diameter,
      • The two bolted parts are in contact with each (and have matched meshes), and
      • The Tight Fit option is enabled.

Report Environment

• Certain node numbers may be missing from nodal forces listed in the report ("N/A" shown).
    • The R1 End Release on beam elements is always listed as "Yes" (activated) in the report, even when deactivated in the model.
    • When a beam element part contains two or more layers with differing cross-sections, the Beam Code Checking utility only reads the cross-sectional data from the first layer. The Code Checking General Report uses the first layer's cross-sectional data for all beam members belonging to the part.

Third-Party FEA Support

• Unnecessary BSCONP and BSSEG cards are written out to exported Nastran decks for explicit contact pairs having the "Default" contact type.
    • Unnecessary BSCONP and BSSEG cards are written out to exported Nastran decks for bonded contact (with matched meshes where the parts meet).
    • In Simulation Mechanical 2016, the static coefficient of friction is mapped to the "Mu" value for Nastran solutions, whether the analysis type is linear or nonlinear. For 2016 SP1, the sliding coefficient of friction is mapped to Mu for nonlinear Nastran solutions. The static coefficient of friction continues to be mapped to Mu for linear Nastran solutions.
    • For nonlinear static stress analyses, local coordinate systems are not applied to the associated nodes in exported Nastran decks.
    • The comment line above a BSCONP card incorrectly references "Surface 0" for part contact (for example, "Part 3 / Surface 0" rather than "Part 3 / All Surfaces").
    • Simulation Mechanical 2016 maps the inverse of the total thermal resistance (W/C) in contact settings to the Nastran thermal contact conductance parameter (CTC). However, CTC is based on conductance per unit area. Therefore, the inverse of the distributed thermal resistance (W / (m^2 * C)) should be mapped to the Nastran CTC value.

Andrew Sartorelli - Autodesk GmbH
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Andrew.Sartorelli

I have been getting errors attempting to load this fix.
Message 3 of 7
Andrew.Sartorelli
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Dave,

What errors are you getting when applying the hotfix?

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

The attachment did not 'attach'. See below.  Im not versed in all the what I will call unusual things that one needs to click on to make the install work. I think that the Autodesk products are too difficult to install and too customizable.

Thanks Andrew.

Message 5 of 7

I am having a trouble after installing the HOTFIX......The MES is not stopping after finishing the simulation. I am doing a Static MES. I check all solver and i have the same trouble. Any idea of how to fix this

Wilmer Ariza
Researcher Control and SI with AI for autonomous underwater vehicles
PhD student(Australian Maritime College-University of Tasmania)
Master of engineering (Advance Manufacturing Technology- Swinburne University of Technology)
Mechatronic Engineer
Message 6 of 7

Hi Wilmer and Dave,

Can you please log a support case through the Subscription Center for these issues, myself or one of my colleagues will work with you to resolve them.

Regards,

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Andrew, I still have not been able to gain credentials here to access Subscription!  I will drop this topic for now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report