Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulation Mechanical 2015 Product Enhancement Release – June 2014

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Andrew.Sartorelli
993 Views, 9 Replies

Simulation Mechanical 2015 Product Enhancement Release – June 2014

For those customers on subscription we have launched our first product enhancement release for Autodesk Simulation Mechanical 2015. Those with active subscription can sign in to the Subscription Center, and then navigate to Downloads, then Product Enhancements. Download and install “Autodesk Simulation Mechanical 2015 Product Enhancement”.

Note:  Uninstalling Simulation Mechanical 2015 and Service Pack 1 is required before installing Simulation Mechanical 2015 Product Enhancement release.

A few of the enhancements contained within this release are:

• Introduction of Autodesk® Nastran® Solver for Linear Static Stress, Modal, Critical Buckling, Steady State Thermal, and Thermal Stress analyses.
  • Autodesk® Nastran® Editor enables creation of variety of additional analysis types that leverage the Autodesk® Nastran® Solver
  • Additional meshing options, including a new mesh type for midplane mesh and plate shell mesh, as well as a the ability to add refinement points at construction objects
  • When importing CAD geometry one can now set a default analysis type and apply unique colors for all parts in an assembly
  • The ability in linear and nonlinear analysis to distribute a force over multiple surfaces dependent on surface area

For a more detailed description of the enhancements in this release please view the video presentation by Sualp Ozel, Product Manager for Simulation Mechanical, or review the release notes on the Simulation Mechanical 2015 help page.

Andrew Sartorelli - Autodesk GmbH
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

It Seems somthing is wrong with redirecting page.

"The core node you are trying to access was not found, it may have been deleted. Please refresh your original page and try the operation again."

looking forward to hear from you

thanks

Message 3 of 10

Sorry about that hot.camp, I had linked using a short url (subscription.autodesk.com) which was getting modified by the forum. The link should now correctly take you to the Subscription Center (https://subscription.autodesk.com).

Message 4 of 10

The installation notes make it sound like this installation is an amendment to the initial install.

When I run the installer it is labeled "Autodesk Simulation Mechanical 2015" and there is no mention of a Product Enhancement Release.

It notifies me that Sim 2015 is already installed and I cannot go any further.

Am I supposed to uninstall my initial installation? 

Andrew Roth
rothmech.com

YouTube IconLinkedIn Icon

Message 5 of 10

Hi Andrew,

Yes, the product enhancement release does require a full uninstall of Simulation Mechanical 2015. I'll break it out from the rest of the text in my initial post so it is a little bit more clear.

It is important too that you grab the installer for the product enhancement section of the Subscription Center and not the standard downloads section.

Message 6 of 10

Ah,

Thanks.

Andrew Roth
rothmech.com

Message 7 of 10

Andrew,

What about Job Manager? Can it stay?

Andrew Roth
rothmech.com

Message 8 of 10

Andrew,

The Mechanical Simulation Job Manager should uninstall automatically when using the Simulation Mechanical uninstall utility.

Message 9 of 10

Thanks Andrew.

Do you know if the RMB option "Select Subentities" has been disabled in this release?

I use it quite a bit, and it doesn't seem to be there anymore.

Andrew Roth
rothmech.com

Message 10 of 10
fathur.rozi
in reply to: andrewdroth

Dear Sir,

Please help, I just try to compare simulation linear static stress run with SimMech and Nastran, but the Result are difference. (see picture below).

part dimension 15 x 30 x 200 (mm)

load 1000 N

mesh size 5mm

really appreciate your answer. thank you.

BR,

Fathur

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report