I just tried running a slightly complicated beam model through the new 2015 simulation, and am having issues with the job manager. It has been running for twenty minutes, without solving. For a beam model! I am used to about 20 seconds tops for this model on 2014.
When I look at Windows Task Manager, I see a CloudExec module taking up computer capacity, and the model is stuck at 80%. Any ideas?
I don't believe it is stuck at 80%. I am pretty sure that 80% of the compilation is done and the remaining 20% is the actual solving of the matrix however many time steps are required.. I have run a few models with 2015. I am having different issues but this isn't one of them. It will say 80% until the model completes. Compare the percentage complete in the new anlysis window with what the manager is saying. You will see that you may have 2% of the time steps completed but the manager is saying 80%. Check it later and you will see that you have 95% of the time steps complete but the manager will still show 80% complete.
Now does anyone have any idea how to stop a model without control atl deleteing and stopping the CloudExec-Win64.exe which is the new name for srunx.exe. I would like to restart the analysis that I am working on later tonight.
One important thing to note is that with the 2015 release the solid meshing and analysis are shown as one process whereas in older releases solid meshing was shown seperately.
If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!
I have just changed over to 2015 and an analysis that ran fine last week in 2014 has now become quite a problem. The analysis keeps stalling (didn't in 2014) and I have to continually restart the analysis. Also, as I cannot find a way of easily stopping the analysis as mentioned in these posts earlier. So far, a non linear mateial / contact / MES analysis that previously ran in 3 hours has so far taken up 3 days of my time. Thinking of switching back to 2014 just to get the work done.
I have almost reached that same conclusion for the same reason. It is a shame. The new 2015 has the potential to allow for a lot more productivity.
Sent from my HTC
I am sorry to say but I also have to agee, I have encountered the same problems, simulations that previously ran wihtout problems now take considerably longer time.
This is most obvious when running eg non-linear contact simulations.
For now on it is back to 2014 until the problems are solved.
There is something fundementaly wrong with this new feature.
We have very simple models that are just hangin up and not completing.
Is there a way to not use job manager?
Also when I go to reboot my computer it says job manager is still running and needs to close even though Simulation is closed.