Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulated bolt preload not activating in nonlinear MES

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
bmxjake
371 Views, 0 Replies

Simulated bolt preload not activating in nonlinear MES

I'm doing a mechanical simulation with Autodesk Mechanical Simulation 2014. I did a static linear analysis using simulated beam element bolts.  I was able to get a final load (beam element axial force) given an initial preload with no other loads, and then in another copy of that load case with an added external load I got an elevated axial force in the bolt.  I played around with the external load until I put enough load on the joint for it to separate and at anything above that load value the bolt force was the exact same as the external load which is what I was expecting.  I then created a nonlinear MES to just ramp up the load over time so I could graph the load versus bolt axial force to find the separation threshold for the joint in one analysis, but the axial beam element force it gives me is the exact same as the external load no matter how low the external load is.  I interpret this as the bolt preload is not working or activating in the MES, but I can't create a load curve for it and was under the assumption the load is there through the entire simulation event.  Am I missing something?  Apparently I can't attached the .fem or archive file from here.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report