Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Mech. 2015 - 0x13BD: Reference to undefined local coordinate system ID 1

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
martin_madaj
1077 Views, 9 Replies

SIM Mech. 2015 - 0x13BD: Reference to undefined local coordinate system ID 1

Hello,

I have a static stress with linear/nonlinear material model analysis. I am able to run a simulation and to postprocess the results - all without any error message in a log file. If I switch to another design scenario and then swithc back to previous design scenario, or close the sim. mechanical (ver. 2015 with SP1) and then launch it again to review the results on the same design scenario, the error message (see picture) is shown. The error message appears when I click the results tab. Therefore I am forced to re-run the simulation again to see the results. Do anybody have any idea what might couse the problem?

Thanks, Martin Madaj.Error message

Tags (3)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
picirrottola
in reply to: martin_madaj

Me too.

I have a more easy analysis problem (Linear static), this morning I solved it, i postprocessed it and I saved it. Then, I closed Sym.Mech 2015 and I went to do something else.

This afternoon I came back to Sim.Mech 2015, I opened again the same file and I received 'the exactly equal message' like your. Only one difference: Local coordinates system ID is 18, for me.

Wath happens?

For the moment  I can re-run the analysis, and all will work. But wath can happen if I save and close? Tomorrow, if I have to produce another different print, can I hope to see my results?

Many thanks

Piero

Piero Cirrottola
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 10
nmt
Advocate
in reply to: picirrottola

This happens for me too.

I have compared a simulation with 3 different scenarios, added a new scenario, all scenarios  static stress LM. First run with Sim 2015 PE, status bar indicated total elapsed time  about 360 minutes.job manager said 80 %.

Result field grayed out.

I left it for one weekend (about 36 hrs), nothing more happened.

However I could change design scenario, get results for another scenario and suddenly I could jump to results for the last run scenario, all seemed ok.

Next time I opened the simulation I get the same message with reference to undefined lcs as above.

Running the same calculation with Sim 2014 reports about same total elapsed time, job fineshes and results tab opens.

I can jump between different DS, close and restart without any problems.

This makes me believe there is something very wrong with the last release.

It is a pity, Sim 2015 seems to have a great potential, but I am trying to make a living using the software and this is not an academic  test but a project for a customer.

So for now on I can not take any more risks by using 2015, failure and then having to set up the same analysis from scratch and run it with 2014.

When I try to open an analysis that has been run in 2015 with 2014 I get immediatly thrown out, no message about anything like future version.

I really hope this is taken seriously by ADSK and a solution  comes up soon.

Message 4 of 10
picirrottola
in reply to: martin_madaj

Hi to everybody,

the bug (because I think it is a software bug !!!Man Mad ) happens again!

As soon as the analysis was completed, I was able to see results, but if I save the job, or I change Scenario, I receive this annoying message and I loose results.

I don't know wath can cause the problem, but the only work-around I found is to re-run the analysis: for me (with academic license) it is only a loose of time, but if I was working for an industry, it is a double cost (sometime triple . . .): it could be enough to decide to change FEM software . . .

I hope someone can be so graceful to reply to theese HELP's request with at least a good suggestion.

Bye, Piero

@martin_madaj wrote:

Hello,

I have a static stress with linear/nonlinear material model analysis. I am able to run a simulation and to postprocess the results - all without any error message in a log file. If I switch to another design scenario and then swithc back to previous design scenario, or close the sim. mechanical (ver. 2015 with SP1) and then launch it again to review the results on the same design scenario, the error message (see picture) is shown. The error message appears when I click the results tab. Therefore I am forced to re-run the simulation again to see the results. Do anybody have any idea what might couse the problem?

Thanks, Martin Madaj.Error message

Piero Cirrottola
Message 5 of 10

Hi,
I have the same problem! Do you solve it?
Flavio
Message 6 of 10

Hi Flavio,

unfortunately not. But to be honest I've never seen this error again.

Martin
Message 7 of 10

Hi All,

This issue is associated with having pin contraints in mulitple design scenarios and it has been marked as fixed in the latest release, Simulation Mechanical 2015 R1. I recommend visiting the Subscription Center to download this new verison. Please note 2015 R1 does require you to uninstall any existing version of Sim Mech 2015 that is already installed.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Andrew Sartorelli - Autodesk GmbH
Message 8 of 10

Hi Andrew,

it sounds logical. My design where the problem occurred contained a pin constraint.
Thanks!
Message 9 of 10

OK. Really I have some pin contraints in all cases presenting the bug.

Two questions:

1) where is "Accept as Solution" button ?

2) Because I'm a professor at Politecnico of Milano and I cannot access to Subscription Center, there exists an other way to download 2015 R1 ?

@Andrew.Sartorelli wrote:

Hi All,

This issue is associated with having pin contraints in mulitple design scenarios and it has been marked as fixed in the latest release, Simulation Mechanical 2015 R1. I recommend visiting the Subscription Center to download this new verison. Please note 2015 R1 does require you to uninstall any existing version of Sim Mech 2015 that is already installed.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Piero Cirrottola
Message 10 of 10
martin_madaj
in reply to: picirrottola

The post has already been accepted as a solution yesterday.

If you teach at a university, I think you should be able to download it from students.autodesk.com.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums