Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shear stress values inside solid

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
trausti.hannesson
375 Views, 2 Replies

Shear stress values inside solid

Hi there

I am modelling a concrete slab in Autodesk Simulation Mechanical 2012. I need to evaluate the maximum shear stress in the slab and therefore need to consider values "inside" the slab. Is there any smart way do so that I have not figured out yet. I now I can use slice plane to see the stresses but I would like to be able to inquire the results.

Regards

Trausti

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Trausti,

One method is to select elements and either hide them or hide the unselected elements. This will expose the internal elements, thereby letting you inquire on the results. If you are working with a CAD model, the internal elements are essentially random, so you will not get a smooth "cut".

If you want to look at elements at a very specific location, such as a slice plane, you can split your part into multiple parts. Then hide one of the parts and inquire on the results on the matching part.

Message 3 of 3

Thank you very much for your quick answer!

Do you know if it is possible to get shear results from plate elements?

Same problem as above, a concrete slab where I am interested in the vertical shear stress. Plate elements do not seem to give me that information which I find a bit strange, since it is common in similar software to be able to extract shear stresses from plate models.

Best regards

Trausti Hannesson

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report