Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting properties bug?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bjorn_fallqvist
498 Views, 3 Replies

Selecting properties bug?

I'm running a multiphysics analysis (transient thermal/fluid), but Algor refuses to accept the changes made to the analysis tab, the material and the element selection tabs. Despite that I have selected all these appropriately, they are still marked as red and the analysis cannot be run. I have attached a .zip-file of the analysis.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I have just noticed that this has happened with some other analysis too, that I ran just a few days ago and have not changed since! This means I cannot even access the results (even though the .ds folder is 15GB, so there are a lot of results there). How did this happen? And how do I fix it?

Message 3 of 4

Hi Bjorn,

We (Autodesk) are back after a week long holiday.

I want to make sure that I understand the problem. From your first post, my understanding is that the red X remains on the "Analysis Type", "Element Definition", and "Material" branches in the browser even though you have entered complete information. Correct?

From your second post, you have successfully ran an analysis (which means the input was complete), but when you open the model again, the "Analysis Type" branch (maybe the "Element Definition" and "Material", too) in the browser has the red X. (For this issue, if the problem is just with the "Analysis Type" branch, you should be able to access it and click OK. The red X should disappear, and the results should either be available immediately or by doing an "Analysis > Check Model".)

For the first post, I have opened your archive on two separate computers using release 2011, and it opened correctly. No red X's appeared. What release are you using?

Are the files on a network? If so, try copying them to your local computer.

Also check to make sure that none of the files or folders are marked as read-only. Maybe use Notepad to create a simple text file in the folder with the model, in the model-name.ds_data folder, and the ds.mod folder. Also, check how many files are in the folder where the model is stored. I ran into a problem with creating Word documents in the root folder of a flash drive once there were 256 files. I do not know how pervasive this type of problem is, but it is worth checking.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 4 of 4

John, thank you for looking into this. I restarted Algor a few times and the problem seems to have disappeared. It must've been some strange bug I guess.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report