Discussion Groups

Simulation Mechanical and Multiphysics

ServusJeff

Schedule Random Vibration

265 Views, 4 Replies
06-20-2013 01:16 PM

I've been trying to setup a schedule to run the natural frequency (modal) followed by a series of test that all reference it, random vibration, frequency response, etc. Each one has it's own design scenario and I have made sure that both the surface and internal meshing is the same from one design scenario to the next; however, when I try to schedule the Random Vibration right after the Natural Frequency analysis, it runs two Natural Frequency analyses. Is there anyway to schedule dependant analyses one after the other?

Please use plain text.
*Expert Elite*
AstroJohnPE

Re: Schedule Random Vibration

06-23-2013 07:25 PM in reply to: ServusJeff

Hi ServusJeff,

If I understand correctly, you schedule a modal analysis, and later schedule the random vibration analysis. What I am not clear about is what happens when the scheduled analyses run, but I think you are saying that it runs the modal analysis two times, and the random vibration analysis does not run at all. Is my understanding correct?

The obvious thing to check is that you are specifying the proper design scenarios when scheduling the analyses. In fact, you do not need to schedule each one separately. Just specify which design scenarios you want to run in the appropriate box, and it will run them sequentially.

John Holtz, PE
Mechanical Engineer
Pittsburgh, PA

Simulation Mechanical user since Dec 1997
Please use plain text.
ServusJeff

Re: Schedule Random Vibration