Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule Random Vibration

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ServusJeff
490 Views, 4 Replies

Schedule Random Vibration

I've been trying to setup a schedule to run the natural frequency (modal) followed by a series of test that all reference it, random vibration, frequency response, etc. Each one has it's own design scenario and I have made sure that both the surface and internal meshing is the same from one design scenario to the next; however, when I try to schedule the Random Vibration right after the Natural Frequency analysis, it runs two Natural Frequency analyses. Is there anyway to schedule dependant analyses one after the other?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: ServusJeff

Hi ServusJeff,

If I understand correctly, you schedule a modal analysis, and later schedule the random vibration analysis. What I am not clear about is what happens when the scheduled analyses run, but I think you are saying that it runs the modal analysis two times, and the random vibration analysis does not run at all. Is my understanding correct?

The obvious thing to check is that you are specifying the proper design scenarios when scheduling the analyses. In fact, you do not need to schedule each one separately. Just specify which design scenarios you want to run in the appropriate box, and it will run them sequentially.

Message 3 of 5
ServusJeff
in reply to: AstroJohnPE

I have tried scheduling them both to run on a single schedule, the modal analysis followed immediately by random vibration. I think you understand my problem. It runs the modal analysis both times, the random vibration doesn't run at all. I ensured that the proper design scenarios where specified.

Any other thoughts?

I'm not sure, if it is just a bug with Sim 2014.
Message 4 of 5
Stefan2653
in reply to: ServusJeff

I am having the exact same problem. I have set up a modal and three random vibration runs. When the scheduled analyses complete, it appears that the program has changed the random vibration types to modals, as all three random case results are actually modal results. The results tree also shows them as modal analysis runs. In the editor tab it still shows them as random vibration analyses.

I used to run scheduled analyses often pre v14, but have not been able to run it properly in v14. I just downloaded the latest service pack, but the problem persists.

Thanks.

Stefan

Message 5 of 5
Stefan2653
in reply to: AstroJohnPE

Update - if I first run all the random cases, then run them as scheduled analyses, they all run correctly. However, any fresh model will not execute the scheduled random vibration runs properly.

This is helpful knowledge, but for random runs that take 5-8 hours not much help if I have to run them all once prior to scheduling them.

Stefan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report