Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ribbon content will not load

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
drpalo
3511 Views, 1 Reply

Ribbon content will not load

Good morning all,

Fired up Simulation Mechanical 2013 this morning to errors saying my ribbon content can't be loaded. Reinstalled Simulation but did not help. Recently went from XP to Windows 7, but I know I've ran Simulation without any issues since then, so I'm not sure where this issue came from. I've been using Inventer without any issues. See attached error messages. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Autodesk Product Design Suite 2016
Dell Precision T5610
HP Z800 Workstation
Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: drpalo

Is it possible that your writes to the folder path are limited? It looks like the .xml file is storing information about how you have the ribbon setup.

My first suggestion is to use My Computer/Computer/Windows Explorer to check if that file (Algor State_en-US.xml) exists in the folder indicated. If it is there, can you open the file with Notepad? (Note that the AppData folder is probably hidden, so you either need to display the hidden folders or type the complete path up to and including AppData to get in.)

Next, try to create a new file in this folder. (Just right-click > New > Text Document".) What happens when you edit the file, type some text, and try to save it? Does that work?

The last suggestion would be to delete the .xml file (or better yet, rename it to something different in case you need to get the file back). I'm hoping the software will re-create the file if necessary.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report