Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Result Contours -----> Settings----->Maximum Value

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
tibor121774
292 Views, 1 Reply

Result Contours -----> Settings----->Maximum Value

Hello all!!!

I would like to know what is the importance of "Maximum Value" in Result Contours---->Settings-----> Maximum Value?....Sometimes I've got a Von-Mises Stress 4 times higher than Result Contours---->Settings-----> Reset to Default Settings....Shall I use this "maximum value" to compare to Code Allowables say ASME VIII....Or the "Reset to Default Settings" will suffice....I'm comparing to other FE softwares and found that "Reset Default Settings" value of Von Mises is within the acceptable range of value....I can't find this maximum value in other FE softwares.

Your help is highly appreciated....

Cheers!!!!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi,

I think that the Maximum Value command changes the smoothing function to Maximum while the Reset to Default Settings command changes it back to Mean. You can try this yourself via Results Contours > Settings > Smoothing Options and make sure the Results Contours > Settings > Smooth Results is activated. There seems to be a slight difference, I am not sure why.

Regards

Ilyas

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report