Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Result contours do not appear

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
hunt54
519 Views, 5 Replies

Result contours do not appear

I cannot get Simulation Mechanical 2014 to display any results contours in its own window. The contours do show up when I export the results to a picture file or the clipboard. Please see attached pictures.

View from program:

screen view.png

Exported image

clipboard view.png

Another user had a similar problem: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Simulation-Mechanical/Result-Colors-not-visible/m-p/3578892/h... and was able to solve it by disabling OpenGL. However, this checkbox is grayed out for me.

The problem prevents me from viewing results on both of my computers (a laptop and a desktop). Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated :]

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
avinash_novak
in reply to: hunt54

I too am facing exactly the same problem! Please help
Message 3 of 6

Have a look at this thread for possible solutions.

Regards

Ilyas

Message 4 of 6

I have read through that post but I am still unable to resolve this issue. The Open GL hardware acceleration checkbox appears grayed out for me. I have also checked visibilty of resuts checkbox but the part still does not show contours.

Message 5 of 6

Towards the end of the thread, there was a user who had his hardware acceleration checkbox greyed out, he then said that it was a graphics card issue. Perhaps you should update your graphics card driver.

Message 6 of 6

I found that my graphics card drivers' are up to date. But I just wanted to point out the same issue is not there when i deal with Abaqus software. Result contours appear without aproblem there.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report